rebirth of the blog




so it's been more years.






Friday, December 24, 2010

donna’s sweet potato casserole

for our christmas feast at the big house!

Senator Russell's Sweet Potato Casserole
Serves/Makes: 4 - 6
Ready In: 30-60 minutes
Ingredients:
3 large sweet potatoes
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 milk
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1 cup pecans - chopped
Directions: Combine first 7 ingredients and pour into greased casserole. Mix brown sugar, flour, butter and pecans until crumbly and sprinkle on top. Bake 30 - 40 minutes at 350 degrees F. I roast the potatoes in the oven, then I peel & mash them. I've also peeled and boiled the potatoes and that works, too, just more time for the peeling part. In a pinch I've even used canned sweet potatoes and it's not bad - prefer fresh, of course, but if you need something quick, it works. I get lots of rave reviews with this recipe so hope you like it!

No comments: